Honda VT500 Cafe Racer
Sale price: £1750 ≈ $2149 ≈ €1930 ≈ ₿0.21 bitcoin
Last update: Item location: Reading, GB
Sale type: Fixed price listing
|Share and Save This Motorbike!|
Honda VT500 Cafe Racer.
Good condition 1987 Honda VT500 converted into Café Racer by 'Wonoff' motorcycles.
Usual great Honda build quality of that era updated with
- Polished Aluminium tank
- LED Back/Brake/Indicators integrated into rear sub-frame (looks good - see photo)
- Polished short exhausts (which are a little noisy to give 'character' but not offensive to neighbours etc)
- Digital tacho/speedo
- Brown leather seat
- New battery just a couple of months ago
Not the fastest (only 500cc) but rides nicely, sounds good and gets plenty of attention at bike meets etc. Cheap classic bike insurance. MOT until 13th Jan 2020. Sold as seen.
Only selling as I really need a more practical bike (think pillion seat and top box!) but she's a great summer run-around and fun for nipping into town/local pub/biker café etc.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Collection only from Reading (RG5).
Just back from a short ride and, in the spirit of openness, need to mention a couple of other points.
- Fuel gauge. This isn't connected to the tank as there is no tank sender unit so I always reset the trip when I fuel up and simply refuel at 100-120 miles. There is a reserve tap.
- Rear mudguard. There is a little surface rust at one end. It's only 3 bolts to remove the mudguard so a simple winter job to fix.
Other than that she's running well - if there was space for a pillion, and pegs, I'd be tempted to keep her. If anyone wants to have a look before bidding I'm around over the weekend.