Honda XR XR650L XR600 XL Paris Dakar
Sale price: £5595 ≈ $5595 ≈ €5595
Last update: Item location: Cardiff, GB
Seller's notes: True Race Replica
Sale type: Fixed price listing
|Share and Save This Motorbike!|
For Sale my unique Honda XR Paris Dakar Race Replica!
Featured in Practical sports bikes magazine!
This Bike is an accurate representation of the XR's that raced the Paris Dakar from 1982/1985 with no expense spared, I wanted to recreate the all out Team Honda bike that was never put into production.
Sourcing the donor bike was a long process as I wanted something that I knew would be mechanically sound before I even started the build. An XR650L came up with just over 3k miles on it and it was mint! perhaps a little too nice and too much money for a custom but either way I bought it and went from there. It was the perfect donor as it has the Electric start 650 air cooled motor which is bullet proof!
After nearly a year and thousands spent I had final built the bike id always wanted, the bike was originally for myself to keep so I really did think of everything being a seasoned motorcycle technician and engine builder I have a keen eye for perfection and functionality, it ended up being a bike that not just looks fantastic but will go around the world if you want it to.
It benefits from:
- Front mounted Earls 8 row oil cooler fully functional with custom pipework connecting it to the existing oil lines.
- Custom wheel set with a cush drive at the rear to protect the transmission and countershaft when riding on the road.
- Powder coated frame for durability in the "Honda Flash Red" authentic colour to match the Honda plastics, powdercoat will stand up to boot rub and a lot more abuse than paint so it will continue to look fresh even with hard use.
- Micro 8 cell Li Antigravity Battery which means this bike can still have full use of the airbox with nearly twice the cold cranking amps of a standard battery
- Fully functional Hella Comet 500 driving spot lamp which comes on with main beam however there is another switch to turn it off completely if your city riding and do not require that level of light. This makes country lanes at night a pleasure and much safer as we all know the stock headlamp is challenged to say the least.
- Renthal Twinwall bars for extra strength and ascetics
- Full Exhaust system, I managed to get hold of a genuine Honda oversized header pipe that you couldn't buy over the counter, it looks factory with the heat shield however its a much bigger diameter which improves performance and looks the part too, the muffler has been coated to match the black header and engine.
- Carb has been rejetted to suit exhaust and free flowing airbox.
- Venhill stainless steel braided brake lines in black with black banjo fittings
- Front suspension has been overhauled with new oil and seals and reworked to perform even with a full 28L fuel tank.
- Fuel tank has been lined with Northern Fuel tank liner so will never rust.
- New Michelin Anakee Wild tyres front and rear, these are the best 50/50 tyre on the market.
The bike is in showroom condition, as if its just rolled out of the factory, you really couldn't pick fault with it. I am a professional bike builder and restorer so the standard of work is as good as it gets.
It spent 3 months in a Honda showroom in Swansea and Ive only put 50 miles on it riding it back from there. its been in the house since as it is gorgeous to look at but other projects and the feeling that someone els should be enjoying it has led to my decision to sell.
payment via CHAPS bank transfer on collection.
More images available on request
Call Huw for any further information