1974 Laverda 3C PRE OIL COOLER 180 TRIPLE CONCOURS PRE JOTA
Sale price: £4037 ≈ $5046 ≈ €4780 ≈ ₿0.173 btc
Item location: London, UK
Laverda was a premium quality farm combine harvester firm founded in the 19th Century when part of the family began making motorcycles in 1948. Through the years they established a reputation in Italian and International endurance racing from local Giros to the Bol d'Or at Le Mans. Their street bikes reflected this heritage and were overbuilt. reliable and fast.
In 1972 Laverda introduced a 1. 00cc triple that was built in limited quantities. Early. pre-Jota models are collectable and incredibly rare.
This stunning 1974 3C 180 Triple. represents the transition period for that year. with Brembo twin nipple callipers and disc brakes at the front and a drum at the rear. second series Nippon Denso instrument bracket. front mounted Voxbell horns. Ceriani front forks. Borrain wire wheels. distinctive twin web casing and other year upgrades
These aesthetically pleasing iconic triples stand tall from the crowd. the double overhead cam engine with triple Dell'Orto carburettors and 280mm cast iron discs make sure that acceleration and stopping power are the equal of any of their contemporaries.
This is a rare opportunity to own an original example of an Italian exotic that ranks among the rarest and fastest production motorcycles of its era.
Official UK 1974 Laverda 3C 180 Triple pre oil cooler model presented in show standard condition
· Original Brembo twin nipple callipers fully reconditioned with new components
· Forks polished and overhauled with new fluid and seals
· Chrome and cosmetics restored to original specification
· Carburettors stripped. aqua blasted. re-plated. polished and rebuilt with genuine seals finished with genuine Cavis Benz fuel lines
· Fitted with High quality Odyssey battery
· Original Borrain wire wheels polished and rebuilt with stainless spokes and new correct fitment tyres
· The Engine was inspected and the top end was rebuilt as routine
· All the mechanical work was completed by a respected Laverda specialist using genuine Laverda parts as at considerable expense
· Low ownership and indicated mileage believed to be genuine
· Matching Frame and Engine numbers
· Choice of original seat units Included in the sale
· Original hand book. sales brochure and original Laverda supplied keys
This is just a brief outline of the work commissioned for this highly desirable bike. please contact me for more information. I believe the pictures say a thousand words. viewing recommended. inspections welcome. genuine cash offers considered
CASH ON COLLECTION - UK ONLY BIDDERS WITH MORE THAN 20 FEEDBACK - CONTACT TO BE MADE STRAIGHT AFTER AUCTION ENDING TO ARRANGE PAYMENT & COLLECTION - £200 NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT REQUIRED SAME DAY OF AUCTION ENDING - GENUINE BUYERS ONLY