1969 Honda CB
Sale price: $30000 ≈ €26917 ≈ £24449 ≈ ₿2.90 bitcoin
Last update: Item location: Polk City, Florida, US
Seller's notes: Honda CB750 "Sandcast"
Sale type: Fixed price listing
|Share and Save This Motorbike!|
Stock 1969 “Sandcast” Honda CB750 in excellent condition – not a modern café or recent restoration, but the real thing. I've owned it for 34 years since buying it from the original owner, a schoolteacher in Chicago in 1985. And it's a rider, not a trailer queen, with 25,901 miles as of the day of listing. By the time of the sale, it may have ≈50 more miles as I ride it every month to keep it running as well as it looks.
VIN # is 374 : very low out of ≈40,000 Honda made that first year, with a very close engine # of 379. If you check the owner registry on the Sandcast web site (http://www.cb750sandcastonly.com), you'll notice most bikes have VIN vs. engine #s far further apart. Also stamped on the engine block are the numbers “4.7,” showing the engine was cast on April 7, 1969.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION - Pictures document these details:
• All key Sandcast features: cut front fender, wrinkle tank, horn on the left, recessed ignition switch (with 2 original keys), un-numbered exhaust pipes (not HM300), smooth mirror tips, black kill switch, no-fin oil filter cover, Koito headlight, and very rare frame notch for steering damper.
• Included are the original owner and shop manuals, handwritten notes for tune-ups and oil changes by the original owner in the 1970s, and detailed service records for my annual maintenance & oil changes.
• All parts are original except the usual maintenance items: tires, battery, plugs, chain, etc. Only engine modification is a transistor ignition system which starts & runs far better than the original points, which are included in case you want to go back to pure stock.
• Other replacement parts are the exhausts: the original inners rusted out and were replaced with a set of Lotus-Roots from Yamiya in Japan (that cost far more then the original bike did). It has been run on ethanol-free gas only.
• Everything on the bike works well: engine, trans, lights, gauges, horn, clutch, brakes, etc. It's been garaged all the years I've owned it, has neverbeen ridden in the rain, and has won awards at many bike shows including: Mid-Ohio, Barber, Santa Fe Concorso & Motorado, and Florida's Lake Mirror Classic & Ride Into History.
This motorcycle is being sold AS IS, with no warranties, expressed or implied. I have a clear Florida title in hand which I'll sign over to you once your funds clear.
All shipping charges and shipping arrangements are the sole responsibility of the buyer. International buyers must make all shipping and customs arrangements themselves.
The bike is located in Polk City, Florida, about an hour from Orlando, where you are welcome to come, warm-up and view it.